Kedington are looking to hire an experienced Safety Officer to join our team in Dublin.
- 3rd level qualification essential.
- NEBOSH/IOSH qualification desirable.
- Minimum 3+ years post qualification experience in the Construction Industry essential.
- Manual Handling Instructor, Abrasive Wheels Instructor and Working at Heights Instructor would be advantageous.
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a multi-functional team.
- Excellent IT Skills essential.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise the managing director , contracts director and directors on all matters associated with Health and safety.
- Actively promote and educate safety practices with the team and all employees.
- Ensure adequate H&S support is available at all Company’s sites and to all company supervisors.
- Maintenance of all statistic data in relation to Health & Safety – accidents at work – days lost through Injury.
- Complete accident investigation and reports.
- Maintain and control of audit documents and amend / update as required. Arrange the periodic audit programme including re-audits.
- Organise H&S training to all levels of staff, including health and safety management, manual handling, and First Aid Training.
- Maintain and Administer the Company’s HSEQ Management safe T system and Chas system of safety monitoring.
- Update the health and safety statement at least yearly or as necessary.
- Establish safety manuals, standards, procedures and other related H&S documents and training documentation.
- Organize and carryout tool box talks, inductions and training.
- Ensure all relevant PPE is available and being used.
Location, Hours and Remuneration
You will be based in our head office in Clonshaugh, but will visits sites and projects as required to carry out your responsibilities.
Remuneration package will be in line with qualifications and experience.
Hours: 8am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday
To apply, please send your CV to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ with “Safety Officer” clearly stated in the subject line.